Happy Meatless Monday! This week a friend of Mind Yourself Chicago, Anjana Duff, shared a wonderful, easy vegan recipe that can help you recoup from your Super Bowl eating binge. Anjana is an inspiring yoga teacher and health education blogger at BeYouTiFulLiving.wordpress.com.
Hope you enjoy this easy, vegan salad with limited ingredients and unlimited nutrients.
3-4 cups of fresh baby spinach
1 cup of broccoli
3 ripe roma tomatoes
1/3 can of Organic Black Beans
1 teaspoon vinegar
Salt & pepper to taste
- Drain water from can of Organic Black Beans and heat 1/3 of the can’s content in a sauce pan.
- Chop broccoli and briefly slow grill to soften.
- Chop spinach and tomatoes and mix with warm black beans and grilled broccoli in salad bowl.
- Toss mixing in olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and squeezing in juice from half of lemon.
- Place in dishes to serve and add sliced avocado on top prior to serving.
If this Monday you are not feeling in the mood for preparing at home, Chicago has several vegan, vegetarian or vegan/vegetarian friendly restaurants.
Check out other vegan and vegetarian recipes on Mind Yourself Chicago.