Start off 2012 in Control of Yourself. You already know it: Great things can happen when your mind is in the right state, when your energy is aligned and your body is in tune with your breath. However, sometimes it is harder than expected to do what we know is right for us.
When we start a New Year, it is like a clean slate. It feels like the universe gives us the opportunity to reinvent ourselves in many ways: We can forgive ourselves. We can let go of the past. We can move forward with the right attitude. We can give ourselves a break. We can accept ourselves as we are.
It doesn’t matter how much we promise we’ll do that, more often than not we do not have the tools or the guidance necessary to give ourselves the clean new beginning we deserve.
How about this New Year we seriously commit to doing so? If you’ll be around Chicago for the Holidays, here are a couple of workshops you can attend to help you start off 2012 with the right mindset:
Yoga and Meditation workshop with James Baley at Moksha Riverwest, Chicago: “In Persuit of renewal workshop” includes the following sessions:
- Living True to Oneself in Yoga and Life,
- Cycles of Change and Reality-based Spirituality and
- New Years Day Meditation: Sankalpas, Resolutions, and the Spirit of Ganesh.
- Yoga on New Year’s Day with Joie Mucha at Bloom Yoga Studio, Chicago: This Yoga class will conclude with a full guided meditation to bring balance and equanimity into the new year.
- Meditation workshop with Debra Taitel at Yoga Now Gold Coast, Chicago: “In the first part of the workshop you’ll learn meditation techniques to get you grounded and centered. Then you’ll be turning on your psychic abilities to help you clear out and reclaim your energy from 2011. The second part of the workshop is all about intentionally creating what you want for 2012.”
Hopefully these New Year’s Yoga and Meditation Workshops will help you in your path to calmness and balance. Hopefully, you will be able to fully reveal your true self in the upcoming year.
One Comment on "Yoga and Meditation for New Year in Chicago"
This is a great time to really try to reinvent yourself. The Sun is coming back to life and there is no reason not to start over and start the year with the right attitude.