Happy Meatless Monday Everyone! As the holidays approach, we’d like to provide you with some resources to make this Thanksgiving dinner a compassionate one. We really hope you’ll be able to take with you into the holiday season all we’ve been learning so far about the impact of meat consumption on the world.
If you are not planning on cooking your own meal, Chicago based restaurants will be offering Vegan Thanksgiving meals either for dine in on Thanksgiving Day or ordering for pick up on Thanksgiving or the day before. All of the options are listed on our Events Page, but here are our top 5 picks:
- Karyn’s Cooked and Karyn’s Raw are offering Vegan Thanksgiving Meals for pick up on November 23. You will have to place your order on or before November 20. Thanksgiving Meals at Chicago’s Karyn’s Raw can be ordered by calling 312-255-1590, cost is $50 per meal. Karyn’s Cooked will have Thanksgiving Meals for $40 per meal. Call 312-587-1050 to reserve for Karyn’s Cooked Vegan Thanksgiving Meal in Chicago.
- The Chicago Diner has a Vegan Thanksgiving menu serving Veggie Turkey, Pumpkin Ravioli, Pumpkin Pie and more. Their vegan menu will cost $37.99/per person and $22.99 for children under 12. Carry out service is also an option if you prefer. Contact The Chicago Diner to make your reservations.
- Native Foods Cafe is offering “The Native Wellington” to Chicago customers for a Vegan Thanksgiving Meal. Native Foods Cafe will be open on Thanksgiving Day so feel free to dine in at their Wicker Park location at a per person price of $24.95. You can also order “The Native Wellington” to go (feeds 6-8 people) for your Vegan Thanksgiving Dinner at home, at a cost of $39.95 plus shipping.
- Whole Foods is offering Vegan Thanksgiving Meals at its Chicago locations for pick up. The Thanksgiving Meals cost $14.99 per person. Contact your local Chicago Whole Foods for the Vegan Thanksgiving menu.
- Soul Vegetarian East in Chicago offers Vegan Thanksgiving Meals for pick up or dine in. You can place orders all the way up until Thanksgiving day and these meals add a vegan twist to some traditional dishes.
We have tried a couple of these in the past and we can tell you that either one of these restaurant options would be a good choice.
If you’d like to prepare your own vegan meal, check out Veg Kitchen with Nava Atlas, a companion in the Meatless Monday movement. Veg Kitchen with Nava Atlas has a long list of vegan Thanksgiving recipes, and all of them look delicious.
For a complete guide to Vegan and Vegetarian Dining in Chicago visit the Chicago Vegan and Vegetarian Restaurant directory. Easy Search by Zip Code.